Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I made a dress form!











Yes it's true, I hand sculpted a dress form, out of styrofoam! Where did I get a block of styrofoam you ask? Well my wonderful husband shapes kayaks out of styrofoam, then he fiberglasses them, tests them out in the water and then fiberglasses over the fiberglass and makes a mold to make other kayaks! So I basically did the same thing with a dress form. I shaped it and I will fiberglass it and then fiberglass over it to make a mold, to make many dress forms. Then I cover it in cotton batting to make it tackable or pin-able, and from there I cover it with any fabric you would like, I suggest cotton jersey. They are on sale at my store http://www.ikvothamashiach70.etsy.com/ ! SO you can have a completely handmade dress form, jewelry display or whatever you want to use it for! I can also custom shape you one in the specific sizes you want. They can also come with a stand, wooden or plastic, for an extra $30!




1 comment:

  1. very cool. If I had access to those materials I would totally try to make one. This would be a very cool display for my custom jewelry. Will you be selling these dress forms in your Etsy shop?

    www.snowflakedesign.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete